CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

No thanks, I'm trying to quit

My husband always has a saying he uses anytime someone offers him something that he doesn't want. Say we are at my mother's house and she offers him a treat. He'll just say, "no thanks, I'm trying to quit".

It always produces a laugh, doesn't make anyone feel bad, and he never gets that dreaded..."are you sure? It's really good. Just a little won't hurt you. Come on, you know you want it".

So if you're in a situation where you are dieting or just plain eating healthy and don't want something offered, just tell them you are trying to quit. No feelings are hurt and you'll get a laugh out of it!

2 comments:

Cammie said...

Good tip! This phrase could work well in a lot of situations!!

Bethany Gilson said...

That's funny! I have heard my Dad use that exact line many times!